Thursday, December 01, 2005

I'm a Calm and Centered Woman

It's time for the big finish - the rush for the end of the semester.... and the next three weeks are going to put my already overly busy schedule into hyper-overdrive - my private studio students, UAH students, finals, juries, grades due, extra rehearsals, Christmas programs and musicals, special music to prepare..... on top of composition projects, starting up a new business (www.weddingmusicmadeforyou.com) and trying to expand my coaching practice.....

Yesterday morning, thinking about all this and wondering how in the heck I was going to make it through all this without losing my mind (or without falling flat on my face and doing a totally lousing job on everything!) I decided some emergency measures were needed, so I started thinking....

What are my intentions for these next few weeks? What do I really want? How do I want to feel?
  • I want to feel a sense of inner peace and calmness - no matter what busy, rushed, chaotic or stressful scenario might be happening around me. I want to be at peace inside myself.
  • I want a clear, focused mind as I work on each project and event. I want to be able to make good decisions quickly and be able to work efficiently and effectively. There's no time for dilly-dally or overwhelm. I need razor-sharp focus and a clear mind.
  • I want a sense of being grounded and centered, with feet firmly planted on earth, totally involved in each moment. I also want to be open to intuitive guidance and have a sense of connection to spirit, the universe, God, the source of all that is. Sort of "in the world, but not of it" as it says in the Bible.

Cool. However... I knew that in the middle of a stressful moment, I would never in a million years remember all this..... so I started putting it in a more summarized statement - an affirmation that I could easily remember.

And as soon as I started doing that, the "Musical Becky" took over. Here's what I ended up with..... sung to the tune "Another Brick in the Wall" - or at least, the way I remembered it! (it starts at the part where the kids are singing "we don't need no education..." The third phrase is where the "creative remembering" kicked in, so it doesn't match Pink Floyd's version exactly!)

I'm a calm and centered woman; Quick decisions, razorsharp focus; Firmly in the moment while I'm walking with Spirit; Hey, watch me - I can do it all.

Then, of course, I got really carried away singing and dancing and..... well, having a good ol' time.... until I realized I'd used up all my extra time and had to finish getting ready quickly and run out the door.... late again!

But... by golly, do you know what?

That night, after a long busy day, I came home feeling excited and happy. Nothing that great or really exciting happened. It was just a regular day. But for some reason, I felt "on top of the world"!

Same thing happened tonight. Walked in the door feeling happy, excited and "on top of the world"!

Hm.... I wonder.... was it the singing or the dancing that made the difference......??

Here's to continuing the Journey.... singing, dancing.... setting intentions.... and having a jolly ol' time!

-Becky

P.S. I downloaded Pink Floyd's version (part 2) and I'll probably change the 3rd phrase to match his melody (which is way better than my shady memory version!) That would make it something like:

I'm a calm and centered woman; Quick decisions, razorsharp focus; Firmly grounded in the moment; while I'm walking with Spirit; Hey, watch me - I can do it all.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Did some fine tuning this morning.... here's the completed version:

I’m a calm and centered woman;
Quick decisions, razor-sharp focus;
Firmly grounded in the moment;
Walkin’ and talkin’ with the Spirit;
Hey, watch me - I can do it all.
‘cause all in all I am a Holy Being of Light!
All in all I am a Holy Being of Light!

Here’s a link to the mp3 - http://rockinbocker.com/music/05another_brick.mp3 - turn up your speakers and boogie!!