Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I Can Do This

I remember having a semantics argument with my Dad during one of our bike rides to the park. I was arguing that I couldn't dive into a pool because I had had surgery on my right ear drum and the doctors advised that I not dive.

He, however, was trying to address the "I can't" statement verses "I can."

What he was probably trying to get me to say was "I CHOOSE not to dive because of these reasons...." Instead of just a blatant, "I can't."

Of course, there was also a large investment in me affirming that I could not dive.... I was scared to!! And at the time I was probably afraid that if I agreed with him that I COULD dive, then I'd actually HAVE to do it! :)

At any rate.... my Dad taught me a lot about confidence through the years. He always told me,
"You can do anything you put your mind to."

So.... I've been working on a confidence project since the first of August, and I finally got this small part of it finished.... This in itself, has been a lesson in confidence! Enjoy....



Here's to learning, growing, and practicing self-confidence every day!

-Becky

No comments: