Thursday, October 08, 2009

A Morning Bird Message

I love these cool fall mornings when the sun is shining, watching the sun come up through the trees in ourback yard as I have my morning tea. To me, there's a sense of cleansing and renewal about it and a magical feeling of excitement. I even caught myself singing the Rogers and Hammerstein classic on my way to the shower, "Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day; I've got a beautiful feeling everything's going my way."

On mornings like this, I sometimes leave the back door in the kitchen open so DC, my cat, can sit half in - half out - in safety but still sniffing the air..... while I have breakfast. This morning I decided to let the door stay open for awhile as I made my way to my office in the back bedroom of our house to begin my work day. After a bit, I noticed that DC was back in his usual morning place in the master bedroom. So I said to him, "Guess I'll go close the door so no critters get in."

As I turned the corner to go into the kitchen, I caught a glimpse of something moving by the kitchen window. I screamed and a bird zipped out of the curtains and flew out the open back door.
I closed the door and as I stood there a few moments trying to ascertain the potential meaning of a bird being in my house, I heard a commotion in the living room. It was another bird frantically trying to get out the front glass door that was NOT open. I went to open that door and the bird flew into the kitchen. So I opened the back door again and the bird flew out.

Hm, I thought.... I did ask for inspiration on what to write for this month's article while I was in the shower.... And just yesterday, I was having a conversation with a client about birds and their meaning - she'd had a bird fly into her house after coming home from her father-in-law's funeral.
So... I looked up bird meanings on the internet. I don't know what kind of bird it was except 'round' and 'brown,' so I had to go with general meanings.

Bird meanings:
  • Free of worry, carefree, light-hearted
  • Represent prophetic knowledge
  • The soul, transcendence, spirits of air, ascent
  • Communication, sight
  • Unity, Freedom, Community

All this was interesting.... but what did it mean for me?
Pondering this, I realized was just like anything else.... You can research and get other people's opinions about things... but ultimately you have to go within and listen to your own guidance. So I did.

What is the meaning of the two birds coming into my house this morning?

Rely on your Spirit - on your intuition. Free yourself from mental worries and concerns. Let your intuition and your connection to source, All-That-Is, guide you. Trust in Spirit - the life force within you - to bring to you all the good things you desire.

Sing the song you were singing in the shower - let that be your theme song - "Oh what a beautiful morning.... I've got a beautiful feeling everything is going my way."

Trust in the power of the universe. Trust in your Higher Power as a Spiritual Being. You ARE a powerful spiritual being. ACT AS IF THIS IS TRUE. It's not just wishful thinking. It goes beyond positive thinking.

You must BE it - embody it - LIVE it - breathe it - do everything as if it is true and it shall be so.

"Have faith and courage. Your prayers are manifesting, even if they aren't visible yet." - Doreen Virtue/Angel Numbers # 2

Here's to continuing the Journey... being open to receiving messages, helping frightened birds find the way out ... and being thankful for a cat who slept through the whole ordeal!
-Becky

No comments: