Sunday, November 29, 2009

Couch-Potatoe-itus

I don't watch TV much, but when I do, it's always an interesting experience....

My husband's daughter was visiting over Thanksgiving and we spent Friday evening watching TV.... So for the first time ever, I watched Ghost Whisperer, Medium, and Burn Notice. All very fascinating, but after 3-hours my brain was toast. (Interesting.... I have a 3-hour tolerance for shopping and cooking as well....?)

I had been finishing some things up back in my home office and had gone down to the den to see what everyone else was up to. And even though I would have rather done something else, and Ghost Whisperer was already 20-minutes into the story, I quickly got pulled in.

Then Medium started.... and I noticed that even though I could have gotten up and left the room, I continued staying there... watching.... It was sort of an "addiction" feeling. Then I got caught up in the story and forgot about it.

By the end of that show, my brain was feeling very full and I was tired... but I stayed put.... I felt that "addiction" feeling taking over again... and it was easier to just "give up" and stay there.

Was I suffering from a bad case of "couch-potatoe-itus"?

The next morning, thinking about all this... I marveled at how people could spend hours and hours watching TV each week.... giving up all that time watching other people making money living their dream.  - Remember, all those actors in the shows AND in the commercials are getting paid. I've not heard of anyone ever getting paid for Watching TV.

But... maybe I'm the weird one... I'm "psychologically  unemployable" as well.... I can't understand spending 40-hours a week, every week, building someone else's Dream!

I've got dreams of my own. And I'd rather spend my time and energy making my own dreams come true!

What are your dreams? Desires? Goals?

Do you spend time working toward them?

Here's to continuing the Journey... being entertained.... working on dreams..... finding a balance...

-Becky

No comments: