Sunday, November 08, 2009

What Changes are You Willing to Make?

With the new year - 2010 - looming in the not-to-far-off distance - 54 days or 1 month, 24 days to be exact.... I've been thinking a lot about goals and stuff - reviewing this year and looking at what I want to accomplish and how I want to BE next year.

Even though I did not accomplish all my goals, I made a lot of progress in their direction. AND - the most important part - I've done a lot of changing and growing along the way. Most of the goals, I discovered, required internal changes - i.e. stepping out of my comfort zone: doing things differently, setting up new routines, getting out in front of people more.

And that required going within and clearing up some negative thought patterns and limiting beliefs.

It's interesting, with all the uncertainty around us - all the external systems we've depended on beginning to break down - it's like we are being forced to look inside our self.

We are being urged very strongly to go inside and re-evaluate what's important....

  • What do you value? What do you really need to be your best self?
  • What negative thoughts or limiting beliefs are keeping you in drama and stress?
  • What do you need to let go of that no longer serves your highest good?
  • What is in the way of you feeling at peace? What changes are you willing to make?
We went to see the Michael Jackson movie last week.... and I've had his "Man in the Mirror" song going through my head all week! It seems very apropos for the times....

I'm starting with the man in the mirror
I'm asking him to change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you wanna make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself, and then make a change.

Lao Tze said basically the same thing back in 600 BC....

If there is to be peace in the world... there has to be peace in your heart.

Thinking about it..... What changes are you willing to make?

Here's to expanding, growing, making changes....

-Becky


Here are two versions of this video:
man in the mirror link - though I really don't "get" all the fainting girls! (Moonwalker version)
This version features film clips from various news events

No comments: