Wednesday, April 07, 2010

I Suck at Hating

While searching online for some of Dr. Emoto's water pictures for a Sound Healing workshop a couple of months ago, I came across a video interview where he talked about his Rice Experiment.

(Dr. Masaru Emoto,  The Hidden Messages in Water, discovered that water from clear springs and water that has been exposed to loving words show complex, brilliant snowflake patterns, and that polluted water, or water exposed to negative thoughts form incomplete, asymetrical patterns.)

In his Rice Experiment, you get 3 jars and put cooked rice in each one then fill them with water. On one jar, you label "I love you" and on another you label, "I hate you". The 3rd jar is unlabeled. You then place them at least a foot apart and each day, to the one labeled "I love you" you say to it, "I love you." The rice jar labeled, "I hate you", you say to it each day, "I hate you." The unlabeled jar you completely ignore. You do this for 30 days.

The results I've seen others do, by the 30th day, the "I hate you" jar of rice is pretty nasty. You can see one example here: www.43things.com/entries/view/3685797. You can see other examples by googling "emoto rice experiment pictures."

My 30-day results picture did not turn out that way. Here's what I got....

 Day 1 - Love

Day 30 - Love
                                                                     
Day 1 - Hate

Day 30 - Hate

Not much difference.

When I started this experiment, I started with the "I love you" jar and did the "I hate you" jar second. But that didn't feel good, so I'd go back and do the "I love you" one again so that I could leave in a more positive frame of mind.

After a few days I realized, oh... talk to the "hate" one first, THEN the "love" one! (Duh! :)

I also figured that I would gather all my frustrations and sort of "throw" them at the "hate" jar as I said the words. But I found after almost a week of doing this, it was getting harder and harder to get into the "feeling" of hate each day.

What this experiment made me aware of was the difference in the "energy" feeling of "love" and "hate." Going back and forth from neutral to love, then back to neutral and to hate - then doing it the other way around, from neutral to hate, then neutral to love - it really fine-tuned my awareness of how those feelings felt in my body.

I highly recommend this experiment for that reason.

Here's to continuing the Journey.... experimenting... loving.... hating..... feeling the difference....

-Becky

No comments: