Friday, November 12, 2004

Practice, Practice, Practice!

I should be practicing!

That's been my personal mantra since October when the string of fall performance opportunities began. I did pretty well keeping a tight practice schedule preparing for the first concert October 22, but I've slacked off since then. Now I'm down to the wire again with the three November concerts coming up..... Yikes!!

Maybe it's the "should be" part of the mantra that's not helping. It feels heavy and seems to carry an unspoken "but" after it....

  • ... but I don't have time...
  • ... but I need to do this other thing first...
  • ... but I can't right now...
  • ... but I'm not...

Looks like it's time for Tunnel-Vision Focus again..... In other words, I am mega stressed out now because, once again, I've waited until the last minute to get serious.

Why do I do this to myself?

I used to just laugh and jokingly say, "I love stress!" But the result is that I spend a good part of my life in a panic, holding on for dear life and praying that I don't loose my grip!

That's not fun anymore. It feels like I'm just barely getting by. I want more.

How can I change this? By making a different choice - choosing a different thought.

I am practicing. I easily and effortlessly make time to practice every day.
There. That feels much lighter and doesn't have the resistance shadow around it.... I'll let you know how it goes!

Here's to continuing the Journey... and, by the way.... hold my calls - I am practicing!

-Becky

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm continually amazed at your many abilities, Becky... and that you are able to recognize and admit to your shortcomings, then identify a possible solution...

I have a hard time being consistent. I always have these big and wonderful dreams or plans about how I can better organize my life, but then - can't stick to them. If you find a solution for that... do tell!

Lots of love to you!