Wednesday, December 22, 2004

If There Is To Be Peace

If there is to be peace in the world, there must be peace.... in the heart.

Lao-Tse, legendary founder of Taoism from 5th century BCE, wrote these words in Tao Te Ching, translated, The Way of Life. You can read the whole poem in the December issue of Create a Happy 'Tude.

Going backwards, from world, to nation, to city, to neighbor, to home and to heart, he gently nudges this sometimes illusive concept of "world peace" back into our own hands, showing us that it's OUR responsibility.

Peace begins in your heart and in my heart. Once our hearts and our homes are filled with peace, then it can't help but spill over into our neighborhoods, our cities, our nations and our world.

As the song says, "Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me." (Jill Jackson Miller, 1955.) May there be peace in your heart and peace in your home this holiday season and into the coming year.

Here's to continuing the Journey... and spreading peace wherever we go.


-Becky

P.S. For more "Peace" ideas and inspirations, check out the December issue of my newsletter, Create a Happy 'Tude.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was a perfectionist. But recently I have changed. Many things on my to-do list never got completed because they were not perfect yet. Some things didn't even get started because I didn't know how to do them perfectly. Of course on the way to completing a job I could not make a mistake and have to do part of the job over. Not only did the finished product have to be perfect but it had to be done efficiently.

But then something happened. A new word "impeccable" was introduced to me. It means to have done the best you could with the time and resources available to you. What a new concept. I can be impeccable. Impeccable is always achievable. And things get done impeccably.

How about you? Do you want to give impeccable a try?

Becky said...

What a great word! I love the concept.... And as I'm off to play three Christmas Eve services and haven't had the time I'd hoped to have to prepare for them, I'll keep that word in mind.... It seems to have a calming sort of "letting go" affect.

Thank you for passing it along!

-Becky