Sunday, February 27, 2005

Kitten Chow Shuffleboard

There's nothing like a good game of 'Kitten Chow Shuffleboard' to unscramble your mind and get the creative juices flowing!

I've been up in my office doing research for the next issue of my newsletter since about 7:00 pm. (It's almost 11:00 now.) Thought I'd focus it on "Meditation" since that subject seems to have come up a lot lately over the past week.

Not a problem except for the fact that after spending the last three plus hours going through the first four pages of the 12,800,000 results from a Google search, I'm a teensie bit overwhelmed. (Note the sarcasm?)

When I finally stop to take a breath... DC, my kitty cat, is dutifully laying on a small filing cabinet near my chair. When I ask him if he's ready to take a break, he charges out of the room, bounces down the stairs and runs into the kitchen.... poised in "ready" position for the first shuffleboard toss.

KCS (Kitten Chow Shuffleboard) has become a nightly ritual for us. I pour myself a glass of white wine - usually some brand of Pinot Grigio, (Ecco Domani is my favorite), and pour DC some fresh Kitten Chow. Then I sit on a small step stool that I keep in the kitchen (at 4'10" step stools are a necessity!) and pull his food bowl over beside me. Then I choose a piece of the dry kitten food and make the first toss.

Sometimes he gets so excited about playing, his whole body vibrates. If he was a dog, his tail would be wagging so hard he wouldn't be able to walk straight! The small kitchen is long and narrow, making a perfect shuffle board. DC runs from one end to the next, chasing the Kitten Chow tosses and gobbling them up. We sometimes play 10-15 minutes... or until he starts to just lay there and watch the tosses go by.

All in all, this is very good for both of us. We both get "quality" mother-kitten time, DC gets food, attention, excercise, and I give my brain a much needed rest as well as its own "play" time.

During the game, my brain is free to wander around, thinking what it will. Tonight, fretting over what to write about in my next blog post.... the obvious hit me - write about Kitten Chow Shuffleboard!

And so I did. :o)

Here's to continuing the Journey.... and taking time out for quality play time.

-Becky

No comments: