Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Overwhelm

o·ver·whelm - tr.v. o·ver·whelmed, o·ver·whelm·ing, o·ver·whelms
  1. To surge over and submerge; engulf: waves overwhelming the rocky shoreline.
    1. To defeat completely and decisively: Our team overwhelmed the visitors by 40 points.
    2. To affect deeply in mind or emotion: Despair overwhelmed me.
  2. To present with an excessive amount: They overwhelmed us with expensive gifts.
  3. To turn over; upset: The small craft was overwhelmed by the enormous waves.
Yup, that's me. Here's the latest contributing factors:
  • Traveling always has it's own brand of overwhelm.
  • Very intense 24-hour workshop this past weekend.
  • Woke up sick Tuesday morning with stomach virus... still not completely well.
  • Still recovering from my computer crash and loss of data.
  • Over 800 emails still in my inbox - mostly resulting from the "miracle" of getting ALL my emails back after getting my computer reset up after the crash.... all of them since Sept 15, 2004!
  • Just volunteered to take my first acting role in a local theatre - which for an introvert who is not totally comfortable speaking in front of groups (but really wants to get over this!), I consider this a graduate crash course on 'Face Your Fears and Get Over It!'
.... perhaps that's why I've been throwing up?

According to Louise Hay's book, Heal Your Body, the mental thought pattern behind vomiting is: "Violent rejection of ideas. Fear of the new." The affirmation she suggests to build a new thought pattern is: "I digest life safely and joyously. Only good comes to me and through me."

Hm. Something to think about....

Here's to continuing the Journey... trudging through overwhelm, facing fears and learning to digest life safely and joyously!

-Becky

No comments: