Tuesday, March 01, 2005

There is Always a Choice

Monday afternoon I was handed a totally unexpected life changing opportunity.... One that, if taken, will change the direction I was headed in 180 degrees.

What to do? Use this as a 'sign' that the direction I had decided on was incorrect?

Or use it as a 'test' - testing my resolve and committment to my previous choice?

This seems to always happen. Once I finally make a choice and DECIDE, another opportunity comes up - usually offering something completely different.

I know in every moment of life we make choices - but they're usually not this BIG! I feel like I'm at the threshold of a major change in my life.... And I can't seem to concentrate on any of the other things I'm supposed to be doing! It's like I'm caught in a time warp or something....

What if I make the wrong choice? What if I make the right choice? How will I know the difference?

My friend said to me, "Don't do it unless you mean it."

Can I sustain the "meaning it" through each day? On those days when things aren't going well or when I get discouraged can I still mean it? 100%? In either choice these days are bound to happen.

There are pros and cons to each direction, and either choice offers its own unique path toward self-growth.... because that's what life is all about.... our journey toward wholeness....

So... is it just a matter of choosing the scenery?
.... There are scenery and lights and a cast of thousands
who all know what I know.

It's in everyone of us to be wise.
Find your heart open up both your eyes.
We can all know everything without ever knowing why.

It's in everyone of us to be wise by and by.
- It's in Everyone of Us (David Pomeranz)
I don't know yet. And all the fretting and flittering about doesn't change that fact in this moment. Guess I'm trying to think too much. I need to let go of logic - it's just spinning me in circles!

What does my heart want?

What does my heart want? Therein lies my wisdom.

Heres to continuing the Journey.... learning to let go and listen for inner wisdom.

-Becky

No comments: