Friday, March 04, 2005

Walking Around the Cup

A friend of mine in Atlanta lovingly refers to my thinking process as "walking around the cup."

I admit it.... I can not get from point "A" to point "B" in a straight line. I am very much a circular thinker! I can not, for the life of me, figure out how people make a list without considering all the options from all the various different angles first! How in the world do you know what to put first on the list, then second and so on?

Anyway... this "life changing opportunity" (see There is Always a Choice) has basically thrown me for a loop! I've been mentally and emotionally worthless most of the week. A friend said to me, "Don't do it unless you mean it." Well, it has taken me several times around the cup, with each one being a sort of "clearing" process getting me more and more focused on what I want and what I don't want, to finally get me to the bottom line.....

I can no longer hide from 'speaking my truth', as I call it.... and I can no longer make choices without being in full integrity.

And I can now at least say, "yes, I want to explore the possibilities of turning this opportunity into a reality" and mean it.

The unexpected benefit, is that I also now feel a sense of "release." I can stop being all wrapped up in this decision and get back to doing the things I need to be doing! I can get back to living my life!

I've said, "yes, I'm interested." What else can I do besides get back to doing what I was doing before..... heading in the direction I was going.... and wait for further inspiration and guidance?

Here's to continuing the Journey.... listening.... and walking with integrity around the cup.

-Becky

No comments: