Friday, April 29, 2005

Good Bye, Elise

Tonight we are honoring and celebrating the life of great lady.... Elise Moss. She passed away peacefully Tuesday night after a very long battle with cancer.

She was one of the associate ministers at Trinity United Methodist Church in Huntsville. And even though I did not know her as a personal friend, as a co-worker I saw her spunk, her dedication, her love for people and her deep committment to the work she did.

She lived her faith and she was not afraid to speak up for what she believed in.

And for me, she was instrumental in creating my miracle trip to Lithuania. (Read the story.) And I am eternally grateful.

The only thing I regret is that I never formally said thank you..... I never wrote that Thank You Card.

And unfortunately, that's just one of many thank you's I've never written.... even though I write them a million times in my head and in my heart, something in me is very resistant - and perhaps a little rebellious - about actually sitting down and writing them...... could have something to do with all the birthday and Christmas cards that I was forced to write as a child... who suffered with extreme writer's block!

Elise, I hope you knew how thrilled and excited I was about the trip.... and how grateful I was for your part in making it happen!

Guess all I can do now is let this be a lesson to me....

Here's to continuing the Journey... learning to be more outward and intentional in expressing my gratitude, and celebrating the life of a great woman, Elise Moss.

-Becky

2 comments:

Becky said...

To read a short bio on Elise, go to http://www.trinityhsv.org/about_trinity/our_pastors_elise_moss.htm (Thanks Amy for passing this along!)

-Becky

Anonymous said...

Beck,

Thanks for the beautiful words about Elise and for your wonderful music at the service. Elise knew how much the trip to Lithuania meant to you and she knew you were grateful to everyone who helped make it possible. Have no regrets!!! Thanks for your friendship and your music.

RS