Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Getting Back in the Swing

Thanks to the Cello Lullabies I've been writing this week, I think I'm gradually coming out of my funk and getting re-energized! (Use the link if you'd like to hear them.)

I hope to have the fourth one written and all of them formatted and ready for publication no later than June 24 - when I talk to my composer friend/business partner, Jim Stallings. (He lives in Atlanta.)

Jim and I started GembeckMusic a couple of years ago - it grew out of our brainstorming the question, "How can we help each other out as composers?" during the 3-hour graduation ordeal getting our Masters degree in Composition, May 2003.

We've made some progress, but as we are both very right-brained, the business still is in a late sort of "set-up" stage.

BUT - we made an agreement with each other yesterday to meet by phone every other week so that we can keep the momentum going and keep each other accountable to our To-Do lists. (I know, you left-brainers out there are probably thinking "well... duh!" But, like I said... we're composers!)

Anyway - this is also part of the reason for my re-energization! And the anticipation that I may actually achieve my goal of getting all my finished pieces uploaded to the GembeckMusic site and ready for sale!! (It's been on my To-Do list for... yeah, 2 years...!)

Here's to continuing the Journey... getting re-energized and back on track with my passion - writing music!

-Becky

No comments: