Sunday, October 16, 2005

God's in His Heaven....

Just a few minutes ago I was sitting outside my apartment, enjoying the view of the nearly full moon shining throught the branches of the three that grows between the windows of my apartment and the small city park that is my "back yard," breathing in the cool night air and feeling extremely blessed and excited about life.

This past week, I had a hugh a-ha moment and realized that I'd been waiting on my dream of "writing music and having people pay me for it" to come to me.... I've been waiting on it to just "happen"!

Well.... in 47 years it hasn't "happened " - mainly because I haven't actively and consistently pursued it! I've allowed other things to take away my focus. (... and then I'd find myself in a draining, depressing life situation.... well, duh!!)

I realized this week that if my dream is to be, then it's up to me to make it happen! If I'm going to write music and get paid for it, then I have to set that intention and GO FOR IT!

I've tried taking tangents, beating around the bush and all sorts of other stall tactics, while all the time "wishing" that I had time to write music.... and, of course, that hasn't worked.

This week I realized that I've done everything BUT live my dream... And now there is no other choice.

And that's how intentions are born. In a way, it's like Thelma and Louise... all other choices are gone... this is it.... "feel the fear and do it anyway" ..... there is nothing left to loose....

So. Just for the record, I would like to state that.... (ahem...)

I am a working composer, supporting myself by writing music and getting paid for it through commissions and sales.

(I hear the Angels celebrating... yahoo!)

Stay tuned for more details! In the meantime....

Here's to continuing the Journey.... learning, growing, expanding, stepping out... and loving it! God's in his "heaven" and in this moment... all is right with the world!

-Becky

No comments: