Thursday, October 06, 2005

Who Are You?

It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are.
-- e.e. cummings

I love that quote! It came today in an email I received.

It reminds me of a quote by Mary Hoffman, Childrens Choir Director at Peachtree, who in one of those impromptu, side-track "lecturettes" you get into sometimes while working with children and youth choirs, said....

Who you are is enough....

I think we all struggle at some point in our lives with feelings of inadequacy or not feeling quite good enough. But the truth is, we are plenty good enough. It's just our dwelling on the "lack" that clouds the "plenty" from our view.

In working with this "good enough" issue and trying to figure out who the Real Becky is, over the past few years, I've realized that I've always known who she is.... It's just the "having the courage to grow up," to let go of the fears and feelings of inadequacy part that's kept me from moving forward and embracing her completely.

But I'm making strides and can feel (and see) the Real Becky showing up more and more these days. I also know that whoever I am is enough - whether it's 100% Real Becky or 2% Real Becky. Because either way, it's ME in that moment!

It does take courage to grow up and be who you really are.... and that's why I'm on this Journey. I want to reach my full potential and even go beyond it. I want to make a difference in this world. And I want to help others reach their potential....

And to do that, I have to be 100% Becky - 100% who I really am!

Here's to continuing the Journey... learning about, growing into and becoming who you really are!

-Becky

1 comment:

Becky said...

Ok.... I'm a little confused here.... This makes the 3rd comment that references money (or ways to make money) ... all three, promoting their making-money sites. I deleted the first two because I saw no relevance to the corresponding blog post, nor to the main theme of my blog in general.... But here is now, a third one.

I've always took the three-times rule to heart.... if someone says something, or you notice something three times, you need to pay attention to it, as there's a good chance it's a message or something you need to look into further.

So... what's the message here?? My post was talking about showing up 100%. What's this got to do with internet money-making schemes?

-Clueless!