Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Ready to Move Forward?

I am ready to move forward in a BIG way.

The last two weeks have been sort of an “incubation” period recuperating from the hellacious fall semester and regrouping for the next one…. And now I’m Ready!

So, with goals in hand, giving me a clear direction of where I want to go in 2006, the first thing I did was hire a coach.

Some of the things I want to accomplish have been on my goals list for years and for one reason or another, I keep letting “life” get in the way of accomplishing them - like being a working, PAID composer!

Several weeks ago I had one of those epiphany moments and realized that all my life, I’ve been waiting for it to magically happen. Sure, I’ve continued to write music and other people know that’s one of the things I do, but the “paid” part of it has been extremely lacking!

And I’m ready to get paid for it!

I have some ideas of how to make that happen. However, history has proven that I can not do it by myself…… and there’s nothing wrong with that. One of the first steps in any kind of change is realizing you need help.

So I called my coach and mentor, Coach Kathy, and said, “I’m ready… let’s get to it!”

How about you? Do you have a clear direction? A specific focus? Do you know where you want to be this time next year?

If you don’t know where you’re going, you will probably end up somewhere else. - Laurence J. Peter

Here’s to continuing the Journey…. choosing a specific path, saddling up for the trip, and taking that first step!

-Becky

P.S. If you’d like help choosing your “path” and setting up your top three goals for 2006, you can get a FREE Goals Report here. It comes with an optional FREE coaching session with Coach Becky :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"recuperating from the hellacious fall semester"

We weren't that hard to deal with were we? I for one think it went pretty well.

Becky said...

No, of course not! I thought the Music Lit class turned out well too. I was referencing my "hellacious" schedule that gave me no time to breath!! :)

-Becky