Friday, November 13, 2009

How to Release Negative Emotions Immediately

The days between November 11 (11:11:11) and November 29 (another 11:11:11 day) are extremely powerful days.

11:11 alone is like an energetic doorway opening to the energies of Creation on all levels. Add to that this year is an 11 year (2009=2+9=11) giving it added boost. (11 is a master number that represents illumination, insight, intuition, and a channel to the subconscious.)

What does this mean for you?

It can be a conduit for moving you into a higher vibrational state OR it can sink you deeper into the spiritual quicksand.

The choice is yours. (Hurray for Free Will!)

For me, I am doing whatever I can to keep my vibration up! You see, we are all vibrating energy. And energy of our thoughts, feelings, emotions, words send out vibrational "messages" that come back to us as our life experience. It's the Law of Attraction, "cause and effect"... the "as ye sow, so shall ye reap" principle.

Now more than ever, it's critically important to nip those negative thoughts and negative feelings in the bud!

Here's the 4-step process I've been using....

1. Be Aware of what you're feeling.

Even though I consider myself pretty good in this area, as I've more consciously monitored myself, I've discovered that I often walk around in sort of a "numb" state. I know that in order to attract what I want in life, I need to stay positive. But I'm human and "stuff" does come up. And I've noticed that I tend to go into denial about what I'm really feeling.

So I sat myself down with my journal and asked: "What are you feeling?" And made a list.

This step is extremely important. Writing down your feelings and emotions (thoughts too) gets them out of your mind, heart, and body so that you can look at them from a different perspective. If you "name it" you can "claim it." And claiming it puts the power back into YOUR hands.

2. Do EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) on those feelings.

If you're not familiar with EFT, please download this short introduction of it.

Determine the number of intensity that you are feeling these emotions and write that number beside your list.

For the set up, while tapping on the karate chop point say, "Even though I'm feeling (read your list), I deeply and completely love, support, and accept myself." Say this a total of 3 times as you continue tapping.

Then go through the tapping sequence saying your list of feelings at each tapping point. I typically do the whole sequence 3 times as one "round" of EFT.

When you're done, take a deep breath and feel inside to determine the intensity level. If it is down to 1, great!! If not, do the set up again with "Even though I'm still feeling (your list of emotions)..."

And do the tapping sequence with "Remaining (your list of emotions)..."

3. Turn your list of negative feelings into positive ones.

When you get the intensity down to 1 or 0, look at your list again and turn each feeling on your list into a positive emotion that you would rather be feeling. For example, if you were feeling "anxious," turn that into "trusting," "deflated" could be "energized," "foggy/fuzzy" could be "clear headed," "what's the use/defeated" could be "motivated/ready for action."

After you have your positive emotions list, do a tapping sequence on this new list to anchor in these positive emotions. (No need to do the setup here.)

4. Add a Physical Trigger

To give this process added impetus, think of a physical movement you can do while saying these emotions. This will act as a trigger as you go about your day to keep you in this more "happy" high vibrational mindset. It could be something like, snap your fingers 3 times, pat your knees in a certain rhythm, raise your arms in a "victory" sign... anything that is quick to do and has meaning for you.

Try out this process and let me know how it works for you!

Here's to continuing the journey, staying in that positive, high vibrational state of mind.... releasing negative thoughts and emotions... and tapping your way to a happier, more fulfilling life.

-Becky

No comments: