Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Practice doesn't make perfect...

... It makes confident!

"I have more self-confidence now. Starting out I was very nervous. My heart would be going very fast. I get a lot of practice in front of the television cameras and I'm more comfortable doing shows now."
- Mike Pascual

The more you do something, the more comfortable and better you get at it.

For instance, we all "sucked" at walking the first time we tried it. But we kept trying, kept "practicing" it till we got confident enough to let go of mom or dad's hand (or whatever support we were holding on to) and DO IT ourselves. Then there was no stopping us!

Do you still have that kind of determination to succeed now?

Make a list of things that you want to do or achieve. With each item ask yourself:
  • How confident do I feel right now doing/achieving this? 
  • What would I need to feel more confident?
I can confidently guarantee that the bottom line answer to feeling more confident in each of those things you listed is..... getting more experience doing it. 

Experience.... "practice" .... makes confidence. 

And that confidence - or lack of it - determines your beliefs.... which determine your actions... which become your experience.... 

... Which can either turn into a vicious downward cycle or a happy empowering consequence. 

The choice is yours. 

Here's to continuing the Journey.... practicing.... and growing confidence.... daily. 

-Becky

No comments: