Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Listen... anything in life can be our guide

I found this poem as a poster many years ago.... not sure who its author is, but it's been "screaming" at me all day.....
Listening to your heart, finding out who you are, is not simple.

It takes time for the chatter to quiet down.

In the silence of "not doing" we begin to know what we feel.

If we listen and hear what is being offered, then anything in life can be our guide.

Listen.
One of the reason's it's been "screaming" at me is that a visit with a friend yesterday brought up a very surprising reaction on my part, and just the thought of looking deeper into it has brought up a lot of fear.

And this poem has been running through my head all day...... Listen. Sit down and take time to listen to what the situation and those feelings are trying to teach you....

So I finally did....

And behind the fear and resistance I discovered feelings of unworthiness - coming from limiting belief thoughts that the situation had triggered.

As a journaled.... and got the thoughts out on paper so that I could face them.... I realized that just writing them down - admitting them! - was healing. I felt lighter. And now, the fear/resistance was no longer a looming monster. They were just words on the paper and information that I could now work with consciously to correct my erroneous thinking - i.e my limiting beliefs.

It's always interesting how God orchestrates things. Without the encounter yesterday, I probably wouldn't have known about these remnants of limiting beliefs still lurking in my subconscious mind.

Now, I can release them and work on turning them around to life affirming beliefs! That way, I can use them to move forward instead of being sabotaged and held back.

Isn't life grand! :)

Here's to continuing the Journey.... Listening... finding guidance in unexpected places.... having the courage to hear the message.

-Becky

No comments: