Thursday, March 10, 2005

Asking for Help - Follow Up

I've meant to follow up on a post from mid-February, Asking for Help, for awhile. I can't believe it's almost been a whole month since I wrote that post! (February 12)

And I must confess, I haven't been consistently good about asking for help. But... that day, almost four weeks ago, I remember going extremly well. Everything seemed to go smoothly! If I encountered a problem or a questions, I literally, asked for help.... and the results were amazing! I found answers to questions and solutions to problems almost immediately.... or within the next 5 minutes! It was a day of continuous miracles and uplifted spirits!

So why did I not continue this strategy consistently the next day?

Was it too good? Did I not feel like a deserved such amazing help?

I know from years of metaphysical studies that you only allow into your life that which you think/feel you deserve....

Hm... something to ponder....

Today, however, I experienced a different "flavor" of asking for help.

For some reason, I was in a very pissy mood and could not shake it. I really did not want to go through the whole day pissed off. Especially knowing that Thursdays are one of my longer days.

I remembered the teachings from A Course in Miracles.... At any moment you can choose peace instead of this.... And if you're in a place where you can't choose peace yourself, ask the Holy Spirit to choose peace for you....

So I asked for help.... (Look, I'm pissed and I can't seem to shake it. I want peace. But I don't think I can get there right now. Help me. Choose peace for me.)

This prayer was uttered as I got in my car to drive to my first appointment. By the time I arrived, I realized that I was feeling more that just "peaceful".... I was in a really good, happy mood!

And the happy feeling stayed with me most of the day.... But even when my state of mind couldn't really be described as "happy" there was still an underlying sense of peace. And when I felt it waning, I just reminded myself to choose peace again.... (instead of worrying about whatever I felt myself about to dive in to.)

Can I continue this tommorrow? Obviously, I can.... but WILL I?

Here's to continuing the Journey... learning to ask for help consistently, and being open enough to accept the good things that come my way.

-Becky

No comments: