Thursday, March 17, 2005

Duped Again!

... and I did it to myself!

Today's Beliefnet Daily Wisdom was right on....

The key, during both life and death, is to recognize illusions as illusions, projections as projections, and fantasies as fantasies. In this way we become free.*

You know, I would love to know how the hell to do that! For some reason, I always have trouble seeing 'reality' the way it really is.

For instance, this life-changing opportunity I thought I was given.... Last night I discovered that the 'opportunity' I'd been agonizing over was never there in the first place!

Once again, I had ignored the clues and made up my own fantasie 'reality'.

As I've agonized over this fantasie decision in the past two weeks of blog posts, a reader's comment about me being thrown a curve ball was an excellent premonition-type warning to me.... Unfortunately, I see now that it wasn't THEM throwing the ball, it was ME!

Do I feel like the Fool, or what!?

Here's to continuing the Journey... wanting hard to just throw in the towel and get out of the ball game altogether... but reminding myself that it's the process that matters.... and making myself take another step forward anyway....

-Becky

The above quote came in today's Beliefnet Budist Wisdom daily newsletter. I could not find a link directly to that page. Sorry. Here is the credit info from the newsletter:

Quote came from Lama Thubten Yeshe, Introduction to Tantra.

Copyright Wisdom Publications 2001. Reprinted from Daily Wisdom: 365 Buddhist Inspirations, edited by Josh Bartok. Reprinted with permission by arrangement with Wisdom Publications, 199 Elm St., Somerville MA 02144 U.S.A, www.wisdompubs.org.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Here, here!!

Thanks Nancy. I always look forward to your comments!

-Becky